Turmeric Xtra Equine America – feed for horses to support general health
Turmeric Xtra Equine America is a unique blend of high-quality turmeric, typically providing at least 3% of active curcumin, with highly palatable, cooked, full-fat linseed meal, so there is no need to add further linseed (flax) oil! Ground black pepper, providing the active compound piperine is also already included, at levels thought to enhance the absorption of the curcumin.
Equine America Turmeric is not messy, ready to use, and fully balanced:
- READY TO USE
- WITH LINSEED (flax) OIL AND BLACK PEPPER ALREADY INCLUDED!
- TYPICALLY PROVIDING 3% OF ACTIVE CURCUMIN
Turmeric Xtra Equine America, containing the active compound curcumin, is thought to provide support for joints and mobility, as well as digestion and immune function.
Full-Fat linseed meal contains high levels of oil to help the absorption of the curcumin, as well as providing important omega 3 fatty acids.
Black pepper contains the active compound piperine, and as well as enhancing the absorption of curcumin and other nutrients, may help support immune function.
Turmeric Xtra – the natural, easy way to help support general health and mobility in all horses and ponies.
Turmeric Xtra is probably best known for its use as an anti-inflammatory. It works by significantly reducing the inflammatory pathways in the body, but unlike bute and most other non-steroidal anti-inflammatories often given to horses, turmeric works as a COX-2 inhibitor (as opposed to COX-1) and does not damage the lining of the stomach.
- Liver Detoxifier
Another common use for turmeric is for detoxifying the liver. Curcumin has long been connected to liver health. Numerous studies have linked it to effectively combating liver cancer and improving liver fibroids. What’s more, turmeric can uniquely assist the enzymes that are responsible for flushing out known dietary carcinogens. The result is enhanced protection against liver damage.
Not only is curcumin a potent antioxidant itself, but it has also been shown to boost the body’s own antioxidant mechanisms, making it doubly helpful in this regard.
Ingredients for successful results-Turmeric Xtra Equine America!
In Equine America Turmeric is used a high-quality Turmeric powder, which is blended with a Linseed meal, Calcium, and Vitamin E. The key to feeding Turmeric is the absorption of its active nutrients including Curcumin.
Turmeric Xtra is not water-soluble, which can limit its absorption, it is oil-soluble, so it needs to be taken with healthy oil, or it is nearly useless. The healthiest of these is Linseed oil, this is because of its high omega 3 content and its excellent omega 3-6 ratio, therefore also boosting the anti-inflammatory capacity. It is also thought its bioavailability is increased with the addition of fresh ground black pepper. This compound becomes ineffective very quickly, so must be fresh ground at the time of feeding to get the maximum benefit, not included in a product!
Linseed meal has more benefits than oil for the absorption of Turmeric. The second unique feature of Linseed is its high lignin content. Lignans are fiber-like compounds, but in addition to their fiber-like benefits, they also provide antioxidant protection due to their structure as polyphenols.
Calcium is added because both Turmeric and Linseed meal have unbalanced calcium to phosphorus ratio, so by adding Calcium we have re-addressed the imbalance.
Vitamin E is an oil-soluble vitamin, which is also a strong antioxidant. This also helps aid the digestion of the high oil content of the product. Vitamin E was also included in a clinical trial on the use of curcumin’s therapeutic action on equine osteoarthritis.
- SUPPORT YOUR HORSES HEALTH – Get your horse competition ready with Equine America’s Turmeric Xtra – a natural blend including linseed meal turmeric, calcium, and vitamin E. The easy way to help support general health and mobility in all horses and ponies.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS – A unique blend of high-quality turmeric, typically providing at least 3% of active curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric. Linseed oil and black pepper are also added to maximize absorption.
- ESSENTIAL FOR JOINT HEALTH & MOBILITY – Curcumin is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, aiding in the mobility and joint health of your horse. The high-grade ingredients also provide immunity and digestion support.
- READY TO USE – Equine America Turmeric Xtra is ready to use fully balanced supplement for horses. It is a highly palatable, cooked, full-fat linseed meal, so there is no need to add further linseed, simply add to your horse’s regular feed.
- DOSAGE – A 3kg tub should last an average horse 57 days when fed as part of a balanced diet. Generally, for a 500kg horse, feed 26g for the first 7 days and 52g thereafter, do not exceed 104g per day. Measure included for convenience.
Turmeric Xtra 3kg
Feeding directions: For 500-600kg horse, introduce slowly for initial 7 days increasing up to 50g per day, For a 300-450kg pony, introduce slowly for initial 7 days increasing up to 30g per day, Maximum: 100 g per day. 25 g (approx) measure enclosed.
Composition: Linseed (full fat 35% oil) (71.6%), turmeric (24.6%), calcium carbonate, black pepper ((0.8), vegetable oilAdditives (per kg), Technological additives: BHT (E321) 100 mg, Nutritional additives: Vitamin E (3a7000), 2200mg (to give 114mg Vitamin E per 50g serving).
There are no reviews yet.