Cooper with vitamin B12 for horses
Copper for horses is designed to support dietary copper levels. Cooper is a key trace mineral and plays many important roles in the body, including:
- Red blood cell production and in particular the formation of the oxygen-carrying pigment haemoglobin
- As a key component in antioxidant enzymes, helping to protect muscle and other cells from oxidative damage
- As a key co-factor in enzymes that help maintain strength and flexibility in connective tissue such as tendons and ligaments
- Bone production and development, and is vital for correct skeletal development in young horses
- The production of myelin, the protective covering of nerve cells
- Keratin synthesis for healthy skin, mane and tail hair and hoof production
- As a key component in enzymes responsible for the production of skin pigments
- Copper interacts closely with zinc and Vitamin B12, and both these micronutrients are provided in Copper Plus Powder, to help maintain the correct ratios in the overall diet.
- Key antioxidants Vitamin E and controlled levels of Selenium are also provided to support copper’s role as an important co-factor in antioxidant enzymes, helping to protect muscles and other cells from oxidative damage.
Copper interacts closely with zinc and Vitamin B12, and both these micronutrients are provided in Copper Plus Powder, to help maintain the correct ratios in the overall diet. Key antioxidants Vitamin E and controlled levels of Selenium are also provided to support copper’s role as an important co-factor in antioxidant enzymes, helping to protect muscles and other cells from oxidative damage.
Many pastures and forages are either low or marginal in copper, and copper supplementation may be required in specific cases where forage levels are known to be low or marginal, or where are high levels of copper antagonists such as iron or sulphur are present in the feed or forage, which may interfere with copper absorption.
Copper Plus Powder will help to correct a lack of copper in the diet, with safe and controlled levels, from bio-available sources.
Seek professional advice if a copper deficiency is suspected, either from a qualified nutritionist or your veterinary surgeon.
What are the benefits of Copper Plus Powder?
Copper – is provided from two sources, to ensure optimum bio-availability and help correct sub-optimal intakes:
50% from the chelate of glycine hydrate
50% from copper sulphate
Zinc – is included to help maintain correct overall dietary ratios and ensure optimum bioavailability:
50% from the chelate of glycine hydrate
50% from zinc oxide
Vitamin B12 – to support blood cell production
Vitamin E and Selenium – to provide additional antioxidant support
COOPER PLUS POWDER 1KG
A complementary feed for horses designed to support dietary copper levels as part of a balanced diet. Net weight 1kg.
Feeding Directions: For horses and large ponies: 20g per day; For smaller ponies: 15g per day.
Do not exceed 20g per day unless under professional advice. 20g (approx) measure enclosed.
Key Nutrients per 20g Serving: Total copper (from 50% chelate and 50% sulphate – 100mg, Total zinc (from 50% chelate and 50% oxide) 100mg, Vitamin B12 100mcg, Vitamin E 500mg, Selenium 0.2mg
Additives per kg: Nutritional additives: Trace elements: Copper total 5000mg. Copper (Copper (II) chelate of glycine hydrate 3b413) 2500mg, Copper (copper (II) sulphate pentahydrate 3b405) 2500mg, Zinc total 5000mg, zinc (Zinc chelate of glycine hydrate 3b607) 2500mg, Zinc (zinc oxide 3b603) 2500mg, Selenium (sodium selenite 3b801) 10mg; Vitamins: 3a Vitamin B12 5mg, 3a700 Vitamin E 25,000mg, Sensory additives: Mixture of flavouring compounds 2.5g, Composition: Dried alfalfa, calcium carbonate, vegetable oil, Analytical Constituents: Crude Protein 13.6%, Crude Oils & Fats 5.0%
Sodium 0.3%, Crude Fibre 21.5%, Crude Ash 22.1%, Copper 5000mg/kg.
Available in 1kg (a 50 day supply at maintenance).
Produced by: Equine America Ltd